Sunday, July 20, 2008

LIAT Mess Me Up

Yep they did.  Being an optimist I naturally assumed that my luggage was on the next flight out but this was just a dream which turned into a nightmare.   My bad, I did not envisage a 35 minute flight from Barbados needing a back up set of gear in my hand luggage, excuse me but I am not accustomed to flying LIAT, my travels usually take me outside of the Caribbean.
I remember hearing Market Vendor speaking of a trip he took from Trinidad (for my non Barbadian audience, Market Vendor is a daily radio commentary for about 3 to 5 minutes brought on the radio stations of StarCom Network Inc.  by one of Barbados best broadcasters).  He had spoken of his horrific experience on LIAT and referred to the fact that a number of Barbadian businessmen who have to travel the Caribbean daily are now purchasing their own private jets.  Of course I know someone everywhere so I called a friend a mine who work at the airport and asked here to do some investigation on the status of my suitcase.  She called me and said "well girl you got problems LIAT have about four flights of luggage left back here in Barbados".
I therefore have nothing to report about last night's Church Service and Candle Lighting Ceremony since I had nothing to wear but the sweaty jean and shirt I was wearing all day. 
On the bright side I had a fine Vincy taxi driver Darren Weekes driving me around to airport, supermarket and and all through the town trying to find at least one store open.  He was not only easy on the eyes but was a great ambassador for St. Vincent.  Make sure you use his cab anytime you visit St. Vincent.  The infrastructure is not all that, but the island is a beauty.

Pictured here is Michael English, the umpire from Canada. Michael was recently in Jamaica for the AIS tour and he said he was ecstatic to be back in the Caribbean for the AFNA tournament. 
The games this evening games which starts at 6:15pm:
St. Vincent and the Grenadines vs Canada
Barbados vs Trinidad and Tobago
Jamaica vs St. Lucia

1 comment:

Rising Stars Track and Field said...

Pamala, if it is possible could you include the individual stats in the daily reports as well.Pictures would also be more than welcome. A good blog by the way.I have it bookmarked.