Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Netball Year


I am back after a wonderful break in December. I love December - its my birth month and of course it is Christmas. Although I had lots to blog about - the Barbados Workers Union League Winners for example, BNA elections etc. I was in a total holiday mood, and since most of my work is done on the computer, even my beloved blog was considered work. But now I am back to the grind.

What have we missed?

Congratulations to Brydens V8 Splash for winning the Div One and Two titles in the Barbados Workers Union League. Veronica Harris who was rooming with me last year in Antigua at the Under 16 tournament when I started this blog, must be very proud of her team. Send me your photos and I will put them up for your. The Juniors division was won by Almond Sports Club who also won the Junior Knock-Out. The Senior Knock-Out was won by Ellerton Sports Club.

OF The BNA

Well their administration woes continued as they did not fill all the vacant board positions. A meeting called on old year's night or New Year's Eve depending on where you live in the Caribbean did not muster a quorum (I don't think they really expected a quorum on this day when most women are sorting out hair, clothes, make-up etc, to look gorgeous the night).
Today's Nation Newspaper reports that this meeting is now to be held on January 20 at 5:30 pm at the National Stadium Lounge. It will be interesting to see how this one turns out.

Caribbean Games
Some major tournaments will be coming up this year including the Inaugural Caribbean Games in Trinidad and Tobago, July 12-19. We will keep our ears to the ground on this one.

Happy New Year
Thanks to everyone who read my blog in 2008, sent notes of encouragement or gave me kudos in person. Knowing that the blog is being read is a great inspiration. Have a blessed, prosperous and happy 2009.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bit late but thanks to you for keeping us up to date with what is going on in netball, locally and regionally. Looking forward to good reading since this is the only local netball blog where the writer does not have a hidden agenda. Keep on telling it as it happens and we all wish you all the best for 2009.

Anonymous said...

A bit late but thanks to you for keeping us up to date with what is going on in netball, locally and regionally. Looking forward to good reading since this is the only local netball blog where the writer does not have a hidden agenda. Keep on telling it as it happens and we all wish you all the best for 2009.