Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Caribbean Umpires Have A Shot At IU Badge

From my understanding Jewel Young Strong, and Dave Brown will have a shot at attaining their international umpire's badge during the tri series in Jamaica this week. Both of them are excellent umpires and I wish them all the best.

Pity I could not have joined you but I will be serving a higher purpose working with the Diabetes Global Village in Barbados this Week.

Good Luck Guys!

Gosh it is about time someone else from the region got the crown jewel. ( It's been about five year now since Chris got his badge, the last Caribbean umpire to qualify).

As a very prominent netball administrator is quoted as saying "Ya mean that our umpires can't even qualify as a grade three international umpire?"

Yes there are grades. Will have Deborah Lynch explain the system some time later.

Also check out my health blog www.caribbeanwellness.blogspot.com this is where I will be this week.

No comments: