Sunday, June 15, 2008

We have to fix It - Annette Beckett

I don't know whether I will be able to keep up with the events that are about to unfold in netball in Barbados but I will try. On Monday June 16, which is my tomorrow there is to be a meeting of clubs which was called by "the clubs". My guess is this has sprung from the recent talk that has been spreading of the President's alleged plan to hand pick candidates for the two post left vacant by the resignations of Nisha Cummins and Denise Alleyne.

Annette invited the netball Facebook group to attend, she wrote:

"Hi All;

At the moment, we in the BNA are having some problems relating to governance specifically.

A meeting has been called by the clubs for the clubs at the national stadium on Monday at 5.00pm to discuss these difficulties with a view to moving forward in a practical way.

Now is the time for us all to put our hands up and help our sport.

We are part of the problem, therefore we can be part of the solution. Lets do it...
club reps...see you on Monday.
Others..give us your ideas for us to take to the meeting"

My ears will be to the wall for the out come of this...

No comments: